Dear Moderator,

This is my A2 Media Blog. Hope you enjoy it!

You will find my final teaser trailer, film magazine and film poster just under this note. My research and planning began in September. My evaluation is just under my final product too.

Thanks!
Louise.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Research & Planning: Different Horror Trailers

This post is to highlight the different types of horror films that there are and I have chosen certain horror trailers that fit them.

Zombie - The Crazies



Monster - Alien Vs Predator



Realistic - The Strangers



Gory - Saw 3D



Disease - Cabin Fever



Other Worlds - Apollo 18



Apocalypse - 2012



Supernatural - 1408



Psychological - Black Swan


Here I have studied all of these types of horrors and searched for trailers that are of films of these certain horrors. They all have similarities such as the use of dialogue and soundtracks and even slow tense music that begins to get more faster as the trailer goes on. Subtitles are used in all of them but they have no voiceovers. Low key lighting is also used in all of them. The mise-en-scene and cinematography differes slightly in some which is only due to the narrative although some shot types are similar such as close ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment